Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Course Expectations




Welcome to my blog,

I am in the Child and Family Studies Department working on my PreK-3 teaching license. I hope to work in a kindergarten or 1st grade classroom someday. When I am not in the classroom I spend a lot of time with my dog Carrie. We enjoy going for long walks, going to Dunkin Donuts, and hanging out with friends. I also enjoy going to Neighborhood Barre and hot yoga classes in the area. Friends and family are also very important to me. I enjoy going on new adventures and trying new foods!


In this educational technology course, I hope that I will be able to come up with creative ways to incorporate technology in my future classroom. I currently have a very basic knowledge of how to use technology in a classroom. I have always felt like I knew very little about technology and never felt confident in my abilities with it. This course will allow me to feel confident with my use of technology so I will be able to support my students in the classroom by keeping them engaged and active with the help of technology. So far, I can see how technology in a classroom would be utilized to keep in contact with parents and to continue parental engagement in the classroom. With the use of blogs, websites, and other resources I will be able to stay connected with parents in a positive and engaging way. I hope that I can also be able to find new ways to present information to my students. I want to be able to reach the needs of many different learning abilities within the classroom, and the use of technology can support this need. Overall, being able to use technology in the classroom is a skill that I hope to achieve.

http://cfs.utk.edu/

No comments:

Post a Comment